Expert Illustrations & Commentaries Live!™: Antithrombotic Approaches to Reduce the Risk of Secondary Events in CAD and PAD
May 19, 2022
May 19, 2023
Scroll to the Bottom of this Information to Begin this Course
This activity is provided by Physicians’ Education Resource®, LLC.
This activity is supported by an educational grant from Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc., administered by Janssen Scientific Affairs, LLC.
- Physicians — maximum of 1.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- Nurses — 1.5 Contact Hours
All other healthcare professionals completing this course will be issued a statement of participation.
This educational activity is directed toward cardiologists and cardiology subspecialists involved in the care of patients with or at risk for atherosclerotic disease. Nurse practitioners, physician assistants, nurses, and other health care professionals interested in the treatment of atherosclerotic disease are invited to participate.
There remain opportunities to improve outcomes for patients with coronary artery disease (CAD) and peripheral arterial disease (PAD). This online, on-demand virtual symposium brings together leading clinician-researchers in atherosclerotic disease management to provide insight on state-of-the-art strategies for the prevention of CAD and PAD. By coupling expert faculty commentary with video animations and case discussions, this symposium highlights current recommendations that constitute best practices.
This educational activity is an archive of the live symposium held on April 3, 2022.
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be better able to:
- Discuss the pathophysiology of atherosclerosis
- Describe the rationale for novel secondary prevention antithrombotic strategies in high-risk patients with CAD/PAD
- Develop strategies to overcome challenges in reducing the risk of secondary events in patients with PAD and CAD
- Evaluate the efficacy and safety of antithrombotic strategies in patients with CAD and PAD to mitigate CV risk
Manesh R. Patel, MD
Richard Sean Stack, MD Distinguished Professor
Division of Clinical Pharmacology
Division of Cardiology
Core Faculty in Innovation & Entrepreneurship
Marc P. Bonaca, MD, MPH, FAHA, FACC
Executive Director, CPC Clinical Research
Associate Professor, Division of Cardiology
Director of Vascular Research
William R. Hiatt Endowed Chair in Cardiovascular Research
University of Colorado School of Medicine
Jorge Antonio Gutierrez, MD
Assistant Professor of Medicine
Department of Medicine
Durham VA Medical Center
Amy W. Pollak, MD, MSc, FAHA
Assistant Professor, Cardiovascular Medicine
Director, Women's Heart Clinic
Chair, Division of Cardiac Subspecialties
Physicians’ Education Resource®, LLC, is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Physicians’ Education Resource®, LLC, designates this enduring material for a maximum of 1.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Physicians’ Education Resource®, LLC, is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider #16669, for 1.5 Contact Hours.
Faculty, Staff, and Planners’ Disclosures
The staff of Physicians’ Education Resource®, LLC have no relevant financial relationships with ineligible entities.
- Manesh R. Patel, MD
- Grant/Research Support: AstraZeneca, Bayer, Janssen, Mytonomy, Procyrion
- Other (Advisory Board): Bayer, Janssen, Novartis
- Marc P. Bonaca, MD, MPH, FAHA, FACC
- Dr Bonaca is the Executive Director of CPC, a nonprofit academic research organization affiliated with the University of Colorado that receives research grant/consulting funding from: Abbott, Agios, Alexion Pharmaceuticals, Alnylam Pharmaceuticals, American Heart Association, Amgen, Angionetics, Anthos Therapeutics, ARCA Biopharma, Array Biopharma, AstraZeneca, Atentiv, Audentes Therapeutics, Bayer, Better Therapeutics, Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Bristol Myers Squibb, Cardiol Therapeutics, Cell Research, Cook Medical, Cook Regentec, CSL Behring, Eidos Therapeutics, EP Trading Co, EPG Communication Holdings, Epizon Pharma, Esperion Therapeutics, EverlyWell, Faraday Pharmaceuticals, Fortress Biotech, HDL Therapeutics, HeartFlow, Hummingbird Bioscience, Insmed, Janssen, Kowa Research Institute, Lexicon Pharmaceuticals, Medtronic, Merck, Moderna, National institutes of Health, Novate Medical, Novo Nordisk, Pfizer, PhaseBio NIH, PPD Development, Prairie Education & Research, Prothena Biosciences, Regeneron, Regio Biosciences, Sanifit Therapeutics, Sanofi, Silence Therapeutics, Stealth BioTherapeutics, University of Colorado, University of Pittsburgh, VarmX, Worldwide Clinical Trials, WraSer Pharmaceuticals, Yale Cardiovascular Research Group
- Stock/Shareholder: AstraZeneca, Bayer, Janssen, Mytonomy, Procyrion
Jorge Antonio Gutierrez, MD, has no relevant financial relationships with ineligible companies.
Amy W. Pollak, MD, MSc, FAHA, has no relevant financial relationships with ineligible companies.
PER® mitigated all COI for faculty, staff, and planners prior to the start of this activity by using a multistep process.
Instructions for Participation and Credit
- Complete the activity (including pre- and post-activity assessments).
- Answer the evaluation questions.
- Request credit using the drop-down menu.
Course Viewing Requirements
Internet Explorer 8.0+ for Windows 2003, Vista, XP, Windows 7, Windows 8.1 and above
Google Chrome 28.0+ for Windows, Mac OS, or Linux
Mozilla Firefox 23.0+ for Windows, Mac OS, or Linux
Safari 6.0+ for Mac OSX 10.7 and above
Supported Phones & Tablets:
Android 4.0.3 and above
iPhone/iPad with iOS 6.1 or above
Off-Label Disclosure and Disclaimer
This activity may or may not discuss investigational, unapproved, or off-label use of drugs. Learners are advised to consult prescribing information for any products discussed. The information provided in this accredited activity is for continuing education purposes only and is not meant to substitute for the independent clinical judgment of a health care professional relative to diagnostic, treatment, or management options for a specific patient’s medical condition. The opinions expressed in the content are solely those of the individual faculty members and do not reflect those of PER® or any company that provided commercial support for this activity.