Inside the Doctors Studio - Retina: Addressing the nAMD Treatment Burden – A Focus on the Port Delivery System
June 11, 2021
June 11, 2022
Scroll to the Bottom of this Information to Begin this Course
This activity is jointly provided by Global Education Group and Avlis International, Inc.
This activity is supported by an educational grant from Genentech, a member of the Roche Group.
- Physicians — maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
All other health care professionals completing this course will be issued a statement of participation.
This activity is designed to meet the educational needs of Retina Specialists, Retina Fellows, Ophthalmologists (general/comprehensive), Optometrists, and allied health professionals involved in the treatment of patients with Wet Age-related Macular Degeneration.
Therapeutic options for prevention and management of diabetic eye disease have expanded, as recent trial data (PANORAMA; DRCR Protocol W) have established that therapeutic intervention can reverse disease progression (improvements in Diabetic Retinopathy Severity Scale) in diabetic patients with moderately severe to severe non-proliferative diabetic retinopathy (NPDR) without diabetic macular edema (DME). This treatment of NPDR may go beyond the current treatment algorithm and provide an opportunity to prevent progression to neovascular vision-threatening complications or DME, thereby lowering burden of illness, and enhancing visual outcomes and overall quality of life for patients. Additionally, physicians are faced with new challenges associated with patient care and adherence in the era of COVID-19.
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be better able to:
- Describe the PDS mechanism of continuous delivery via passive diffusion.
- Describe the PDS placement and refill procedure.
- Discuss the clinical trial outcomes of PDS in neovascular AMD.
- Discuss the benefits of the clinical application of PDS for neovascular AMD patients.
Arshad Khanani, MD
Nancy Holecamp, MD, FASRS
Carl Regillo, MD
Michael Singer, MD
Physician Accreditation Statement
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of Global Education Group (Global) and Avlis International, Inc. Global is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Physician Credit Designation
Global Education Group designates this enduring material for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Disclosure of Conflicts of Interest
Global Education Group (Global) adheres to the policies and guidelines, including the Standards for Integrity and Independence in Accredited CE, set forth to providers by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) and all other professional organizations, as applicable, stating those activities where continuing education credits are awarded must be balanced, independent, objective, and scientifically rigorous. All persons in a position to control the content of an accredited continuing education program provided by Global are required to disclose all financial relationships with any ineligible company within the past 24 months to Global. All financial relationships reported are identified as relevant and mitigated by Global in accordance with the Standards for Integrity and Independence in Accredited CE in advance of delivery of the activity to learners. The content of this activity was vetted by Global to assure objectivity and that the activity is free of commercial bias.
All relevant financial relationships have been mitigated.
The faculty have the following relevant financial relationships with ineligible companies:
- Arshad Khanani
- Consulting Fee: Adverum, Allergan, Bausch and Lomb, Chengdu Kanghong, DORC, Eyepoint, Genentech, Gyroscope, Gemini Therapeutics, Kodiak, Novartis, Opthea, Oxurion, Recens Medical, Regenxbio
- Contracted Research: Adverum, Allergan, Chengdu Kanghong, Genentech, Gyroscope, Gemini Therapeutics, Kodiak, Novartis, Iveric Bio, Opthea, Oxurion, Recens Medical, Roche, Regenxbio
- Speakers Bureau: Genentech, Novartis, Allergan
- Nancy Holecamp
- Consulting Fee: Adverum, Allergan, Apellis, Bayer, Clearside Biosciences, Gemini, Genentech, Gyroscope, Katalyst, Novartis, Regeneron
- Contracted Research: Genentech, Notal Vision, Gemini, Gyroscope
- Honoraria: Adverum, Allergan, Apellis, Bayer, Clearside Biosciences, Genentech, Gyroscope, Novartis, Regeneron
- Speakers Bureau: Genentech, Regeneron, Spark, Allergan
- Stock Shareholder: Katalyst
- Carl Regillo
- Consulting Fee: Adverum, Allergan, Annexon, Aviceda, Chengdu Kanghong, Eyepoint, Genentech, Graybug, Iveric, Kodiac, Lineage, Merck, NGM, Novartis
- Contracted Research: Adverum, Alderya, Allergan, Annexon, Astellis, Chengdu Hangkong, Eyepoint, Genentech, Graybug, Iveric, Kodiac, Lineage, NGM, Notal, Novartis, Opthea, Regeneron, RegenXBio
- Stock Shareholder: Aviceda, Iveric, Ocugen
- Michael SingerMichael SingerMichael SingerMichael SingerMichael SingerMichael Singer
- Consulting Fee: Allergan, Eyepoint, Regeneron, Genentech, Alimera, Novartis
- Contracted Research: Allergan, Eyepoint, Regeneron, Genentech, Alimera, Novartis, Senju, Opthea, Ionis, Iveric, Apellis, Anuxion, Gyroscope
- Speakers Bureau: Allergan, Eyepoint, Regeneron, Genentech, Alimera, Novartis
- Stock Shareholder: Inflamasome, Aviceda, Nano scope
The planners and managers have the following relevant financial relationships with ineligible companies:
Lindsay Borvansky has nothing to disclose.
Andrea Funk has nothing to disclose.
Liddy Knight has nothing to disclose.
Ashley Cann has nothing to disclose.
Sue Silva has nothing to disclose.
Instructions for Participation and Credit
There are no fees for participating and receiving CME credit for this enduring activity. To receive CME credit participants must:
- Read the CME/CE information and faculty disclosures.
- Participate in the online activity.
- Submit the evaluation form.
Course Viewing Requirements
Internet Explorer 8.0+ for Windows 2003, Vista, XP, Windows 7, Windows 8.1 and above
Google Chrome 28.0+ for Windows, Mac OS, or Linux
Mozilla Firefox 23.0+ for Windows, Mac OS, or Linux
Safari 6.0+ for Mac OSX 10.7 and above
Supported Phones & Tablets:
Android 4.0.3 and above
iPhone/iPad with iOS 6.1 or above
Disclosure of Unlabeled Use
This educational activity may contain discussion of published and/or investigational uses of agents that are not indicated by the FDA. Global Education Group (Global) and Avlis International Inc do not recommend the use of any agent outside of the labeled indications.
The opinions expressed in the educational activity are those of the faculty and do not necessarily represent the views of any organization associated with this activity. Please refer to the official prescribing information for each product for discussion of approved indications, contraindications, and warnings.
Participants have an implied responsibility to use the newly acquired information to enhance patient outcomes and their own professional development. The information presented in this activity is not meant to serve as a guideline for patient management. Any procedures, medications, or other courses of diagnosis or treatment discussed in this activity should not be used by clinicians without evaluation of patient conditions and possible contraindications on dangers in use, review of any applicable manufacturer’s product information, and comparison with recommendations of other authorities.
For CME questions please contact: Lknight@globaleducationgroup.com