Narcolepsy In The Advanced Practice Setting—Utilizing Evidence Based Care to Improve Patient Outcomes
November 5, 2021
November 5, 2022
Scroll to the Bottom of this Information to Begin this Course
This activity is provided by Physicians’ Education Resource®, LLC.
This activity is supported by an educational grant from Avadel Pharmaceuticals.
- Physicians — maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- Nurses — 1.0 Contact Hours
All other healthcare professionals completing this course will be issued a statement of participation.
This educational program is directed toward nurse practitioners and physician assistants. Primary care clinicians and other HCPs who treat patients with narcolepsy are also invited to participate.
This online, on-demand virtual symposium brings together renowned experts in narcolepsy and sleep disorders. In this educational program, these experts discuss advances in the diagnosis and treatment of narcolepsy. The broad differential diagnosis makes the importance of a good work-up especially important. There are a variety of pharmacological and nonpharmacological therapies that can be used to help patients with this sleep disorder, and our faculty will review the benefits and adverse effects of these options.
This educational activity is an archive of the live virtual symposium held on September 10, 2021.
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be better able to:
- Identify key signs and symptoms of narcolepsy
- Apply evidence-based diagnostic guidelines for patients with suspected narcolepsy
- Evaluate clinical trial data for current and emerging therapies to treat narcolepsy
- Develop personalized treatment plans for patients with narcolepsy using shared decision-making strategies
Asim Roy, MD
Ohio Sleep Medicine Institute
Assistant Clinical Professor
Northeast Ohio Medical University
Anne Marie Morse, DO
Director, Child Neurology
Director, Pediatric Sleep Medicine
Janet Weis Children’s Hospital
Physicians’ Education Resource®, LLC, is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Physicians’ Education Resource®, LLC, designates this enduring material for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Physicians’ Education Resource®, LLC is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider #16669, for 1.0 Contact Hours.
Faculty, Staff, and Planners’ Disclosures
The staff of Physicians’ Education Resource®, LLC have no relevant financial relationships with ineligible entities.
Asim Roy, MD
- Grant research support: Inspire, Jazz, Takeda, Avadel, Nyxoah
- Consultant: Inspire
- Speakers’ bureau: Jazz, Harmony, Inspire Eisai
- Other: Honorarium for speaking engagements from Merck
Anne Marie Morse, DO
- Grant research support: National Institutes of Health, National Institute of Mental Health, Jazz, Avadel
- Consultant: neurahealth, vitls; Speakers’ bureau: Jazz
PER® mitigated all COI for faculty, staff, and planners prior to the start of this activity by using a multistep process.
Instructions for Participation and Credit
- Complete the activity (including pre- and post-activity assessments).
- Answer the evaluation questions.
- Request credit using the drop-down menu.
Course Viewing Requirements
Internet Explorer 8.0+ for Windows 2003, Vista, XP, Windows 7, Windows 8.1 and above
Google Chrome 28.0+ for Windows, Mac OS, or Linux
Mozilla Firefox 23.0+ for Windows, Mac OS, or Linux
Safari 6.0+ for Mac OSX 10.7 and above
Supported Phones & Tablets:
Android 4.0.3 and above
iPhone/iPad with iOS 6.1 or above
Off-Label Disclosure and Disclaimer
This activity may or may not discuss investigational, unapproved, or off-label use of drugs. Learners are advised to consult prescribing information for any products discussed. The information provided in this accredited activity is for continuing education purposes only and is not meant to substitute for the independent clinical judgment of a health care professional relative to diagnostic, treatment, or management options for a specific patient’s medical condition. The opinions expressed in the content are solely those of the individual faculty members and do not reflect those of PER® or any company that provided commercial support for this activity.