Harmonizing Clinical Practices: Strategies for Rapid Diagnosis and Acute Management of Acquired TTP
September 3, 2021
September 3, 2022
Scroll to the Bottom of this Information to Begin this Course
This activity is provided by Physicians’ Education Resource®, LLC.
This activity is supported by an educational grant from Sanofi Genzyme
- Physicians — maximum of 0.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
All other healthcare professionals completing this course will be issued a statement of participation.
This activity is intended for hematologists and hematologist/oncologists who treat patients with aTTP. Fellows, nurses, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, and other health care professionals interested in the management of patients with aTTP are also invited to participate.
This online, on-demand virtual symposium brings together renowned experts with experience providing care to patients with acquired, immune-mediated thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura (TTP). In this educational program, these experts discuss the pathophysiology and clinical picture of the disorder, share insights on the application of consensus guidelines, its management, and provide practical advice for handling challenging cases.This educational activity is an archive of the live virtual symposium held on July 19, 2021
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be better able to:
- Review diagnostic challenges that are specific to acquired, immune-mediated TTP
- Apply disease-specific tests used to diagnose acquired, immune-mediated TTP based on clinical manifestations
- Analyze clinical trial data of approved and investigational therapies for the treatment of acquired, immune-mediated TTP
- Integrate clinical guideline recommendations into the management of acquired, immune-mediated TTP
Spero R. Cataland, MD
Professor of Internal Medicine
Division of Hematology
Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center
James Cancer Hospital and Solove Research Institute
Marie Scully, MD
Professor of Haemostasis and Thrombosis
University College London
Clinical Lead, Haematopathology and Blood Transfusion Consultant
University College London Hospitals
NHS Foundation Trust
Physicians’ Education Resource®, LLC, is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Physicians’ Education Resource®, LLC, designates this enduring material for a maximum of 0.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Faculty, Staff, and Planners’ Disclosures
The staff of Physicians’ Education Resource®, LLC have no relevant financial relationships with ineligible entities.
Spero R. Cataland, MD
- Grant research support: Sanofi Genzyme, Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited, Alexion Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- Consultant: Sanofi Genzyme, Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited
- Advisory board: Alexion Pharmaceuticals
Marie Scully, MD
- Shareholder: Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited, Sanofi Genzyme, Octapharma AG, Novartis
- Grant research support: Shire plc, Novartis
- Consultant: Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited, Sanofi Genzyme, Octapharma USA, Novartis
- Advisory board: Alexion Pharmaceuticals, Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited
- Speaker or a member of a speakers bureau: Alexion Pharmaceuticals; Novartis; Sanofi Genzyme; Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited
PER® mitigated all COI for faculty, staff, and planners prior to the start of this activity by using a multistep process.
Instructions for Participation and Credit
- Complete the activity (including pre- and post-activity assessments).
- Answer the evaluation questions.
- Request credit using the drop-down menu.
Course Viewing Requirements
Internet Explorer 8.0+ for Windows 2003, Vista, XP, Windows 7, Windows 8.1 and above
Google Chrome 28.0+ for Windows, Mac OS, or Linux
Mozilla Firefox 23.0+ for Windows, Mac OS, or Linux
Safari 6.0+ for Mac OSX 10.7 and above
Supported Phones & Tablets:
Android 4.0.3 and above
iPhone/iPad with iOS 6.1 or above
Off-Label Disclosure and Disclaimer
This activity may or may not discuss investigational, unapproved, or off-label use of drugs. Learners are advised to consult prescribing information for any products discussed. The information provided in this accredited activity is for continuing education purposes only and is not meant to substitute for the independent clinical judgment of a health care professional relative to diagnostic, treatment, or management options for a specific patient’s medical condition. The opinions expressed in the content are solely those of the individual faculty members and do not reflect those of PER® or any company that provided commercial support for this activity.