IPF Animated Videos: Earn CME in Under 15 Minutes
June 15, 2021
October 31, 2021
Scroll to the Bottom of this Information to Begin this Course
This activity is provided by The France Foundation .
This activity is supported by educational grants from Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals, Inc and Genentech.
- Physicians — maximum of 0.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
All other healthcare professionals completing this course will be issued a statement of participation.
This activity is designed to meet the educational needs of pulmonologists, primary care providers, and other health care providers who manage patients with IPF.
Interdisciplinary collaboration in the diagnosis and treatment of IPF is suboptimal. Additionally, there are a myriad of barriers to shared decision-making in IPF treatment. This activity offers short, to-the-point videos on ILD diagnosis, interdisciplinary symptom management, creation of patient action plans, and how to navigate end-of-life care.
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be better able to:
- Create a management plan that includes discussion/strategizing with patients/caregivers about treatment initiation, side effects, and adherence
- Involve patients in shared decision-making regarding antifibrotic treatment and other pharmacologic and nonpharmacologic care decisions
- Improve coordination of care so that a variety of relevant specialists are involved in diagnosis, treatment, management of comorbidities, and optimization of patient well-being (eg, pulmonary rehabilitation)
- Develop and engage in a detailed Action Plan specific to the institution to overcome identified challenges
Meena Kalluri, MD
Department of Medicine
University of Alberta
Tanzira Zaman, MD
Interstitial Lung Disease Program
Los Angeles, California
Physician Accreditation Statement
The France Foundation is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Physician Credit Designation
The France Foundation designates this enduring activity for a maximum of 0.25 AMA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the enduring activity.
Nursing Continuing Education
Nurses who are certified by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) may utilize activities that are certified by ACCME-accredited providers toward their requirement for certification renewal by the ANCC. A certificate of attendance will be provided by The France Foundation, an ACCME accredited provider.
Disclosures of Conflicts of Interest
The following faculty report that they have relevant financial relationships to disclose:
Meena Kalluri, MD, has done consulting for Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and Roche
Tanzira Zaman, MD, has served on a speaker's bureau for Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals, Inc
Instructions for Participation and Credit
- There are no fees for participating in and receiving credit for this activity
- Review the activity objectives and CME/CE information
- Participate in the CME/CE activity
- Complete the CME/CE evaluation form. This evaluation provides each participant with the opportunity to comment on how participating in the activity will affect their professional practice; the quality of the instructional process; the perception of enhanced professional effectiveness; the perception of commercial bias; and his/her views on future educational needs.
- Credit documentation/reporting:
If you are requesting AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™ or a certificate of participation, your CME/CE certificate will be will be available to download after completing the evaluation
Course Viewing Requirements
Internet Explorer 8.0+ for Windows 2003, Vista, XP, Windows 7, Windows 8.1 and above
Google Chrome 28.0+ for Windows, Mac OS, or Linux
Mozilla Firefox 23.0+ for Windows, Mac OS, or Linux
Safari 6.0+ for Mac OSX 10.7 and above
Supported Phones & Tablets:
Android 4.0.3 and above
iPhone/iPad with iOS 6.1 or above
Disclosure of Unlabeled Use
TFF requires CME faculty (speakers) to disclose when products or procedures being discussed are off label, unlabeled, experimental and/or investigational, and any limitations on the information that is presented, such as data that are preliminary, or that represent ongoing research, interim analyses, and/or unsupported opinion. Faculty in this activity may discuss information about pharmaceutical agents that is outside of US Food and Drug Administration approved labeling. This information is intended solely for continuing medical education and is not intended to promote off-label use of these medications. TFF does not recommend the use of any agent outside of the labeled indications. If you have questions, contact the Medical Affairs Department of the manufacturer for the most recent prescribing information.
The France Foundation presents this information for educational purposes only. The content is provided solely by faculty who have been selected because of recognized expertise in their field. Participants have the professional responsibility to ensure that products are prescribed and used appropriately on the basis of their own clinical judgment and accepted standards of care. The France Foundation and the commercial supporter assume no liability for the information herein.
If you have questions about this CME activity, please contact The France Foundation at 860-434-1650 or firstname.lastname@example.org.