Patient, Provider & Caregiver Connection™: Improving Outcomes for Your Patient with Atopic Dermatitis
April 23, 2021
April 23, 2022
Scroll to the Bottom of this Information to Begin this Course
This activity is provided by Physicians’ Education Resource®, LLC.
This activity is supported by educational grants from AbbVie Inc.
- Physicians — maximum of 1.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- Nurses — 1.5 Contact Hours
All other healthcare professionals completing this course will be issued a statement of participation.
This online educational activity is directed toward dermatologists, primary care physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, and additional members of the multidisciplinary care team.
This video-based program is designed to help healthcare professionals explore the management and treatment of atopic dermatitis (AD) through a unique perspective, putting the patient voice front and center. A patient and caregiver will lend their expertise to this program by sharing their journey with AD. This online activity focuses on the complex pathophysiology and disease burden of AD, clinical presentation and basic management of the disease, efficacy and safety of current therapies recommended for symptom control, and emerging new agents that may substantially improve patient quality of life.
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be better able to:
- Discuss the symptoms of atopic dermatitis that impact patient quality of life
- Evaluate current efficacy and safety data for established therapies used in the management of atopic dermatitis
- Analyze evidence regarding emerging targeted therapies for the management of atopic dermatitis in adult patients
- Develop treatment plans for adult patients with atopic dermatitis based on patient preferences and goals of therapy
Linda F. Stein Gold, MD (Chair)
Director of Dermatology Clinical Research
Henry Ford Health System
Peter A. Lio, MD
Clinical Assistant Professor of Dermatology & Pediatrics
Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine
Physicians’ Education Resource®, LLC, is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Physicians’ Education Resource®, LLC, designates this enduring material for a maximum of 1.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Physicians’ Education Resource®, LLC is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider #16669, for 1.5 Contact Hours.
Disclosures of Conflicts of Interest
Linda F. Stein Gold, MD (Chair)
- Grant/Research: Pfizer, AbbVie, Incyte, Dermavant, Arcutis Biotherapeutics, Ortho Dermatologics
- Consultant: Pfizer, Abbvie, lncyte, Dermavant, Arcutis Biotherapeutics, Ortho Dermatologics, Sanofi, Regeneron, Amgen
- Speaker’s Bureau: Pfizer, Amgen
Peter A. Lio, MD
- Grant/Research: AbbVie, Regeneron/Sanoﬁ Genzyme, AOBiome
- Consultant: Dermavant, Regeneron/Sanofi Genzyme, Pfizer, LEO Pharma, AbbVie, Lilly, Micreos, L'Oréal, Johnson & Johnson, Unilever, VYNE Therapeutics, Theraplex, IntraDerm Pharmaceuticals, Exeltis, AOBiome, Realm Therapeutics, Altus Labs, Galderma, Arbonne, Amyris, Bodewell, Burt's Bees
- Speaker’s Bureau: Regeneron/Sanoﬁ Genzyme, Pﬁzer, Lilly, LEO Pharma, Galderma, L'Oréal
- Stock/Shareholder: Micreos, Altus Labs
- Other: Royalties from Theraplex (Theraplex AIM)
Britney Berry has no relevant financial relationships with ineligible companies.
Heaven Wiley has no relevant financial relationships with ineligible companies.
The staff of Physicians’ Education Resource®, LLC have no relevant financial relationships with ineligible entities.
PER® mitigated all COI for faculty, staff, and planners prior to the start of this activity by using a multistep process.
Instructions for Participation and Credit
- Complete the activity (including pre- and post-activity assessments).
- Answer the evaluation questions.
- Request credit using the drop-down menu.
Course Viewing Requirements
Internet Explorer 8.0+ for Windows 2003, Vista, XP, Windows 7, Windows 8.1 and above
Google Chrome 28.0+ for Windows, Mac OS, or Linux
Mozilla Firefox 23.0+ for Windows, Mac OS, or Linux
Safari 6.0+ for Mac OSX 10.7 and above
Supported Phones & Tablets:
Android 4.0.3 and above
iPhone/iPad with iOS 6.1 or above
Off-Label Disclosure and Disclaimer
This activity may or may not discuss investigational, unapproved, or off-label use of drugs. Learners are advised to consult prescribing information for any products discussed. The information provided in this accredited activity is for continuing education purposes only and is not meant to substitute for the independent clinical judgment of a health care professional relative to diagnostic, treatment, or management options for a specific patient’s medical condition. The opinions expressed in the content are solely those of the individual faculty members and do not reflect those of PER® or any company that provided commercial support for this activity.