Refining the Maintenance Protocol for Advanced Ovarian Cancer
March 10, 2021
March 10, 2022
Scroll to the Bottom of this Information to Begin this Course
This activity is jointly provided by Global Education Group and PlatformQ Health Education, LLC.
Supported by an educational grant from GlaxoSmithKline.
- Physicians — maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
All other health care professionals completing this course will be issued a statement of participation.
The intended audience for this activity are gynecologic oncologists, medical oncologists, OB/GYNs, NPs, PAs, pharmacists, and other health care professionals involved in the care of patients with ovarian cancer.
Statement of Need/Program Overview
The recent availability of PARP inhibitors as maintenance therapy in the first-line setting allows clinicians to offer improved treatment options to their patients with ovarian cancer. Join experts in the field as they examine the rationale for PARP inhibitors, the role of homologous recombination deficiency (HRD), as well as the efficacy and safety data that led to recent approvals for maintenance therapy. Case-based learning will exemplify the application of recent clinical-trial findings to treatment and patient selection, as well as side-effect management. Snapshots of patient preferences and strategies to improve communication with patients and other caregivers will be discussed to ensure care is optimized for every patient.
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be better able to:
- Review currently approved maintenance therapy and evidence-based guidelines
- Evaluate the role of PARP inhibitors and their efficacy in clinical subgroups
- Assess the current and emerging PARP inhibitors for maintenance therapy, including efficacy data and novel dosing schedules
- Interpret protocols to effectively manage adverse events, individualize dosing schedules, and improve patient outcomes
- Appraise clinical data for selection of first-line maintenance treatment for patients with varying clinical profiles
Ursula Matulonis, MD
Chief, Division of Gynecologic Oncology
Brock-Wilson Family Chair
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
Professor of Medicine
Harvard Medical School
Robert M. Wenham, MD, MS, FACOG, FACS
Chair and Director of Research, Department of Gynecologic Oncology
Senior Member, Program of Chemical Biology and Molecular Medicine
Professor, Department of Interdisciplinary Oncology
University of South Florida
Physician Accreditation Statement
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of Global Education Group (Global) and PlatformQ Health Education, LLC. Global is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Global Education Group designates this enduring material for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Disclosures of Conflicts of Interest
Global Education Group (Global) adheres to the policies and guidelines, including the Standards for Integrity and Independence in Accredited CE, set forth to providers by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) and all other professional organizations, as applicable, stating those activities where continuing education credits are awarded must be balanced, independent, objective, and scientifically rigorous. All persons in a position to control the content of an accredited continuing education program provided by Global are required to disclose all financial relationships with any ineligible company within the past 24 months to Global. All financial relationships reported are identified as relevant and mitigated by Global in accordance with the Standards for Integrity and Independence in Accredited CE in advance of delivery of the activity to learners. The content of this activity was vetted by Global to assure objectivity and that the activity is free of commercial bias.
All relevant financial relationships have been mitigated.
The faculty reported the following financial relationships or relationships to products or devices they or their spouse/life partner have with commercial interests related to the content of this CME activity:
Ursula Matulonis, MD
- Consulting Fee (e.g., Advisory Board: Merck, NextCure, Novartis
- Honoraria: Advaxis
Robert M. Wenham, MD, MS, FACOG, FACS
- Consulting Fee (e.g., Advisory Board): Regeneron, GSK/Tesaro, AstraZeneca, Merck, Abbvie, Legend Biotech, Genentech, Seattle Genetics, Seagen, Mersana, Amgen, Clovis
- Contracted Research: On Target Laboratories, Lion Biotechnologies, Merck, AstraZeneca, Morphotech, Millennium, Regeneron, Iovance, Tapimmune, Eisai, Abbvie, Anixia Biosciences
- Speakers' Bureau: Genentech, Clovis
- Stock Shareholder: Ovation Diagnostics
The planners and managers reported the following financial relationships or relationships to products or devices they or their spouse/life partner have with commercial interests related to the content of this CME activity:
Lindsay Borvansky: Nothing to Disclose.
Andrea Funk: Nothing to Disclose.
Liddy Knight: Nothing to Disclose.
Ashley Cann: Nothing to Disclose.
Tariqa Ackbarali : Nothing to Disclose.
Jaimee Harris-Gold: Nothing to Disclose.
Disclosure of Unlabeled Use
This educational activity may contain discussion of published and/or investigational uses of agents that are not indicated by the FDA. Global Education Group (Global) and PlatformQ Health Education, LLC. do not recommend the use of any agent outside of the labeled indications.
The opinions expressed in the educational activity are those of the faculty and do not necessarily represent the views of any organization associated with this activity. Please refer to the official prescribing information for each product for discussion of approved indications, contraindications, and warnings.
Participants have an implied responsibility to use the newly acquired information to enhance patient outcomes and their own professional development. The information presented in this activity is not meant to serve as a guideline for patient management. Any procedures, medications, or other courses of diagnosis or treatment discussed in this activity should not be used by clinicians without evaluation of patient conditions and possible contraindications on dangers in use, review of any applicable manufacturer’s product information, and comparison with recommendations of other authorities.
Method of Participation
There are no fees to participate in this activity. In order to receive credit, participants must (1) read the target audience, learning objectives, and disclosure statements, (2) complete the educational activity online, and (3) complete the post-test and activity evaluation. To receive AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™, participants must receive a minimum score of 70% on the post-test.
Participants will need a computer with a recent version of Adobe Flash installed, as well as an internet connection sufficient for streaming media.
Please contact Global at 303-395-1782 or at email@example.com
For any technical issues or issues with your CME Certificate, please contact OMedLive at 877-394-1306 or at Support@OMedLive.com.
Information we collect is primarily used to communicate with program participants, award CME/CE credits, manage user accounts, recommend relevant programs and perform data analysis to inform educational outcomes.
In plain English, here is what we affirm:
- You can change your registration profile at any time from our “Profile” page
- To request any of these changes without logging in, please call us at 1 (877) 394-1306 or email us at support@PlatformQHealth.com
- You can end your association with PlatformQ Health at any time
- PlatformQ Health does not spam, nor we do we rent or sell our email list in whole or in part. Any program-related data sharing is for engagement verification and opt-in based further education
- EU citizens can request a complete record of their account and/or request to have their personal data expunged by contacting support@PlatformQHealth.com with the subject line “Data Request”