Clinical Briefings™: Expert Perspectives in Cataract Surgery: Advances in Techniques, Technologies, & Intraocular Lens Selection
February 25, 2021
February 25, 2022
Scroll to the Bottom of this Information to Begin this Course
This activity is provided by Physicians’ Education Resource®, LLC.
This activity is supported by educational grants from Carl Zeiss Meditec, Inc; Alcon Vision, LLC; and Bausch + Lomb.
- Physicians — maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- Nurses — maximum of 1.0 Contact Hours
All other health care professionals completing this course will be issued a statement of participation.
This online educational activity is directed toward ophthalmologists and other health care professionals involved in the treatment of patients undergoing cataract surgery.
This online activity is designed to provide a concise and focused overview of an important clinical topic. It includes information on achieving optimal outcomes in cataract surgery with preoperative planning, surgical technique, and postoperative follow-up. The engaging multimedia format of this program includes audio commentary from an expert thought leader, integrated with text-based elements.
Upon completion of this activity, you should be better able to:
- Review the diagnostic evaluation of cataracts and need for surgical intervention
- Describe the appropriate preoperative measurements needed and expectations for improvement in vision
- Evaluate the current and emerging safety and efficacy of surgical techniques and medical devices for patients with cataracts
- Discuss strategies for mitigation of intraoperative and postoperative complications for patients affected by cataracts
Elizabeth Yeu, MD
Virginia Eye Consultants
Medical Director, CVP Mid- Atlantic
Cornea, Cataract, External Disease and Refractive Surgery
Assistant Professor, Department of Ophthalmology
Eastern Virginia Medical School
Physicians’ Education Resource®, LLC is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Physicians’ Education Resource®, LLC designates this enduring material for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Physicians’ Education Resource®, LLC, is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider #16669, for 1.0 Contact Hours.
Disclosures of Conflicts of Interest
In accordance with ACCME guidelines, PER® has identified and resolved all conflicts of interest for faculty, staff, and planners prior to the start of this activity by using a multistep process.
Elizabeth Yeu, MD
- Research Support: Alcon, BioTissue, iOptics, Ocular Science, TearLab Corporation, Topcon
- Consultant: Alcon, Allergan, Aurea Medical, Avedro, Avellino, Bausch & Lomb/Valeant, Beaver-Visitec, Bio-Tissue, BlephEx, Bruder, CorneaGen, Dompé, EyePoint Pharmaceuticals, Guidepoint, iOptics, Johnson & Johnson Vision, Kala Pharmaceuticals, LENSAR, Melt Pharmaceuticals, Merck, Mynosys, Novartis, Ocular Science, Ocular Therapeutix, OCuSOFT, Omeros, Oyster Point Pharma, ScienceBased Health, Sight Sciences, Sun, Surface, TearLab Corporation, Topcon, Zeiss
- Speaker’s Bureau: Glaukos
- Other: Avellino, BlephEx, CorneaGen, Melt, Mynosys, Oyster Point Pharma
The staff of Physicians’ Education Resource®, LLC (PER®), have no relevant financial relationships with commercial interests to disclose.
Instructions for Participation and Credit
There are no fees for participating and receiving CME credit for this enduring activity. To receive CME credit participants must:
- Complete the activity (including pre- and postactivity assessments).
- Answer the evaluation questions.
- Request credit using the drop-down menu.
You may immediately download your certificate.
Course Viewing Requirements
Internet Explorer 8.0+ for Windows 2003, Vista, XP, Windows 7, Windows 8.1 and above
Google Chrome 28.0+ for Windows, Mac OS, or Linux
Mozilla Firefox 23.0+ for Windows, Mac OS, or Linux
Safari 6.0+ for Mac OSX 10.7 and above
Supported Phones & Tablets:
Android 4.0.3 and above
iPhone/iPad with iOS 6.1 or above
Off-Label Disclosure and Disclaimer
This activity may or may not discuss investigational, unapproved, or off-label use of drugs. Learners are advised to consult prescribing information for any products discussed. The information provided in this accredited activity is for continuing education purposes only and is not meant to substitute for the independent clinical judgment of a health care professional relative to diagnostic, treatment, or management options for a specific patient’s medical condition. The opinions expressed in the content are solely those of the individual faculty members and do not reflect those of PER® or any company that provided commercial support for this activity.