Reaching and Achieving Patient-Desired Treatment Outcomes in Major Depressive Disorder: Multiple Approaches Suggest Better Outcomes
December 18, 2020
December 18, 2021
Scroll to the Bottom of this Information to Begin this Course
This activity is jointly provided by Primary Care Network and PlatformQ Health Education, LLC.
In collaboration with the Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance (DBSA).
This activity is supported by educational grants from Otsuka America Pharmaceutical, Inc. and Lundbeck.
- Physicians — maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
All other health care professionals completing this course will be issued a statement of participation.
This program is primarily intended for psychiatrists, psychologists, family physicians, internal medicine physicians, advanced practice providers, nurses, pharmacists, and other HCPs involved in the care of patients with MDD.
At the conclusion of this activity, participants will be able to:
- Identify barriers to achieving patient-desired outcomes in patients with depression
- Summarize multiple therapeutic approaches in treating patients with residual depressive symptoms despite antidepressant therapy
- Evaluate new and evolving treatment strategies for patients with MDD
Michael E. Thase, MD
Larry Culpepper, MD, MPH
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of Primary Care Network and PlatformQ Health Education, LLC. Primary Care Network is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Online On-Demand Enduring Material
Primary Care Network designates this enduring material for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
All other healthcare professionals will be issued a certificate of participation.
Statement of Disclosure and Independence
It is the policy of Primary Care Network (PCN) to ensure all of its accredited educational activities are planned, developed, and conducted in accordance with the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education’s (ACCME) Essential Areas and Policies. In accordance with ACCME requirements, PCN has Conflict of Interest (COI) and Disclosure Policies that are designed to ensure that PCN accredited educational activities are fair, balanced, independent, evidence based, and based on scientific rigor.
PCN’s Resolution of Personal COI Policy aims to ensure that all potential conflicts are identified and resolved prior to the activity, content is developed and presented free of commercial bias, and is in the interest of promoting improvements or quality in healthcare. All individuals who are in a position to influence and/or control content of a PCN accredited Continuing Medical Education (CME) activity are considered Planning Committee Members. Planning Committee Members include individuals involved in a CME activity who may develop, edit, review and/or present content. Planning Committee Members are required to disclose to the participants any real or apparent conflict(s) of interest related to the activity. The educational content is also reviewed for independence and content validation by an independent clinical reviewer. Independence is also monitored through the activity and overall program evaluation process.
The faculty reported the following relevant financial relationships or relationships to products or devices they or their spouse/life partner have with commercial interests related to the content of this CME activity:
Michael E. Thase, MD
- Consultant: Acadia, Inc., Akili, Inc., Allergan, Inc., Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc., H. Lundbeck, A/S, Jazz Pharmaceuticals, Johnson & Johnson, Merck & Co., Otsuka Pharmaceutical Company, Ltd., Pfizer, Inc.
- Research/Grants: Acadia, Inc., Allergan, Inc., Axsome Therapeutics Inc., Intracellular, Inc., Jazz Pharmaceuticals, Otsuka Pharmaceutical Company, Ltd., Takeda Pharmaceuticals
- Royalties: American Psychiatric Foundation, Guilford Publications, Herald House, W.W. Norton & Company, Inc.
- Spouse: Employed by Peleton Advantage
Larry Culpepper, MD, MPH
- Advisory Board: AbbVie, Acadia, Allergan, Inc., Eisai Inc., Merck & Co., Takeda Pharmaceuticals
- Consultant: AbbVie, Allergan, Inc., Eisai Inc., Merck & Co., Takeda Pharmaceuticals
Phyllis Foxworth has no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
Keith Johnson has no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
The planners and managers reported the following relevant financial relationships or relationships to products or devices they or their spouse/life partner have with commercial interests related to the content of this CME activity:
Curtis P. Schreiber, MD, CME Content Reviewer Primary Care Network
- Advisory Board: Amgen
- Consultant: Amgen
- Research Grants: Amgen, Genentech, Roche
- Speaker's Bureau: Amgen, Novartis
Jill Hays, PCN planner and Manage, Primary Care Network has no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
Bridget Griffin, Program Manager PlatformQ Health Education, LLC has no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
Carole Drexel, Medical Director PlatformQ Health Education, LLC has no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
Disclosure of Unapproved/Off Label Use
This educational activity may contain discussion of published and/or investigational uses of agents that are not indicated by the FDA. The planners of this activity do not recommend the use of any agent outside of the labeled indications.
The opinions expressed in the educational activity are those of the faculty and do not necessarily represent the views of the planners. Please refer to the official prescribing information for each product for discussion of approved indications, contraindications, and warnings.
Method of Participation
There are no fees to participate in this activity. To participate in the activity, go to www.PsychiatryCareLive.com. To receive credit, participants must (1) read the target audience, learning objectives, and disclosure statements, (2) complete the educational activity online, and (3) complete the pre and post-test and activity evaluation. Participants must receive a minimum score of 70% on the post-test in order to receive a certificate.
Participants will need a computer with a recent version of Adobe Flash installed, as well as an internet connection sufficient for streaming media.
Participants have an implied responsibility to use the newly acquired information to enhance patient outcomes and their own professional development. The information presented in this activity is not meant to serve as a guideline for patient management. Any procedures, medications, or other courses of diagnosis or treatment discussed or suggested in this activity should not be used by clinicians without evaluation of their patient’s conditions and possible contraindications and/or dangers in use, review of any applicable manufacturer’s product information, and comparison with recommendations of other authorities.
The opinions, ideas, recommendations, and perspectives expressed in this activity are those of the program authors and presenting faculty only and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, ideas, recommendations or perspectives of their affiliated institutions, Primary Care Network, advisory boards or consultants
For any technical issues or issues with your CME Certificate, please contact PsychiatryCareLive at 877-394-1306 or at www.PsychiatryCareLive.com.
Information we collect is primarily used to communicate with program participants, award CME/CE credits, manage user accounts, recommend relevant programs and perform data analysis to inform educational outcomes.
In plain English, here is what we affirm:
- You can change your registration profile at any time from our “Profile” page
- To request any of these changes without logging in, please call us at 1 (877) 394-1306 or email us at support@PlatformQHealth.com
- You can end your association with PlatformQ Health at any time
- PlatformQ Health does not spam, nor we do we rent or sell our email list in whole or in part. Any program-related data sharing is for engagement verification and opt-in based further education
- EU citizens can request a complete record of their account and/or request to have their personal data expunged by contacting support@PlatformQHealth.com with the subject line “Data Request”