Hitting the PSMA Target: A Role for Theranostics
August 13, 2020
August 13, 2021
Scroll to the Bottom of this Information to Begin this Course
This activity is jointly provided by Global Education Group and PlatformQ Health Education, LLC, in collaboration with Large Urology Group Practice Association (LUGPA).
This activity is supported by an educational grant from Advanced Accelerator Applications USA, Inc.
- Physicians — maximum of 0.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
All other health care professionals completing this course will be issued a statement of participation.
Novel radioligands are being investigated as a therapeutic option for mCRPC patients with symptomatic bone and visceral metastases. While not curative, radioligand therapy (RLT) may result in longer overall survival and improved quality of life (QoL) for patients. Dr. Neil Shore and Dr. Oliver Sartor will lead a discussion of emerging clinical-trial data on the clinical efficacy and safety of novel RLT agents, resultant patient outcomes, and effects on QoL. The activity will also review the need to balance choice of treatment with potential adverse events.
The educational design of this activity addresses the needs of urologists, medical oncologists, radiologists, radiology oncologists, and urology oncologists involved in the treatment of patients with prostate cancer.
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Assess the rationale for PSMA imaging in treatment and as a strategy to monitor treatment response
- Summarize current guidelines and PSMA-targeted imaging data to guide treatment decisions
Oliver Sartor, MD
C.E. and Bernadine Laborde Professor of Cancer Research,
Assistant Dean for Oncology,
Tulane University School of Medicine;
Tulane Cancer Center
Neal D. Shore, MD, FACS
Medical Director, CPI
Carolina Urologic Research Center Atlantic Urology Clinics
Physician Accreditation Statement
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of Global Education Group (Global) and PlatformQ Health. Global is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Physician Credit Designation
Global Education Group designates this enduring material for a maximum of 0.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Disclosures of Conflicts of Interest
Global Education Group (Global) requires instructors, planners, managers and other individuals and their spouse/life partner who are in a position to control the content of this activity to disclose any real or apparent conflict of interest they may have as related to the content of this activity. All identified conflicts of interest are thoroughly vetted by Global for fair balance, scientific objectivity of studies mentioned in the materials or used as the basis for content, and appropriateness of patient care recommendations.
The faculty reported the following financial relationships or relationships to products or devices they or their spouse/life partner have with commercial interests related to the content of this CME activity:
Oliver Sartor, MD
- Consultant/Independent Contractor: Advanced Accelerator Applications (AAA), Astellas, AstraZeneca, Bayer, Blue Earth Diagnostics, Inc., Bavarian Nordic, Bristol Myers Squibb, Clarity Pharmaceuticals, Clovis, Constellation, Dendreon, EMD Serono, Fusion, Janssen, Myovant, Myriad, Noria Therapeutics, Inc., Novartis, Noxopharm, Progenics, POINT Biopharma, Pfizer, Sanofi, Tenebio, Telix, Theragnostics
- Grant/Research Support: Advanced Accelerator Applications, AstraZeneca, Bayer, Constellation, Dendreon, Endocyte, Innocrin, Invitae, Janssen, Merck, Progenics, Sanofi, SOTIO
- Advisory Board: PSMA Therapeutics, Fusion, PointBiopharm, Clarity, Telix, Novartis, Progenics, Advanced Accelerator Applications, Bayer and Clovis
Neal D. Shore, MD, FACS
- Consultant/Independent Contractor: Abbvie, Amgen, Astellas, AZ, Bayer, BMS, Clovis Oncology, Dendreon, Fergene, Ferring, Foundation Medicine, Myovant, Myriad, Tolmar, Nymox, MDX, Janssen, Merck, Pfizer, Sanofi Genzyme
- Speaker’s Bureau: Astellas, Bayer, Janssen
- Advisory Board: AAA
The planners and managers reported the following financial relationships or relationships to products or devices they or their spouse/life partner have with commercial interests related to the content of this CME activity:
- Lindsay Borvansky: Nothing to disclose
- Andrea Funk: Nothing to disclose
- Liddy Knight: Nothing to disclose
- Ashley Cann: Nothing to disclose
- Tariqa Ackbarali: Nothing to disclose
- Elizabeth del Nido: Nothing to disclose
Disclosure of Unlabeled Use
This educational activity may contain discussion of published and/or investigational uses of agents that are not indicated by the FDA. Global Education Group (Global) and PlatformQ Health Education, LLC. do not recommend the use of any agent outside of the labeled indications.
The opinions expressed in the educational activity are those of the faculty and do not necessarily represent the views of any organization associated with this activity. Please refer to the official prescribing information for each product for discussion of approved indications, contraindications, and warnings.
Instructions to Receive Credit
In order to receive credit for this activity, the participant must (1) read the target audience, learning objectives, and disclosure statements, (2) complete the educational activity online, and (3) complete the post-test and activity evaluation. To receive AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™, participants must receive a minimum score of 70% on the post-test.
Course Viewing Requirements
Internet Explorer 8.0+ for Windows 2003, Vista, XP, Windows 7, Windows 8.1 and above
Google Chrome 28.0+ for Windows, Mac OS, or Linux
Mozilla Firefox 23.0+ for Windows, Mac OS, or Linux
Safari 6.0+ for Mac OSX 10.7 and above
Supported Phones & Tablets:
Android 4.0.3 and above
iPhone/iPad with iOS 6.1 or above.
Participants have an implied responsibility to use the newly acquired information to enhance patient outcomes and their own professional development. The information presented in this activity is not meant to serve as a guideline for patient management. Any procedures, medications, or other courses of diagnosis or treatment discussed in this activity should not be used by clinicians without evaluation of patient conditions and possible contraindications on dangers in use, review of any applicable manufacturer’s product information, and comparison with recommendations of other authorities.
For information about the accreditation of this program, please contact Global at 303-395-1782 or email@example.com
For any technical issues or issues with your CME Certificate, please contact UroCareLive or OMedLive at 877-394-1306 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Information we collect is primarily used to communicate with program participants, award CME/CE credits, manage user accounts, recommend relevant programs and perform data analysis to inform educational outcomes.
In plain English, here is what we affirm:
- You can change your registration profile at any time from our “Profile” page
- To request any of these changes without logging in, please call us at 1 (877) 394-1306 or email us at support@PlatformQHealth.com
- You can end your association with PlatformQ Health at any time
- PlatformQ Health does not spam, nor we do we rent or sell our email list in whole or in part. Any program-related data sharing is for engagement verification and opt-in based further education
- EU citizens can request a complete record of their account and/or request to have their personal data expunged by contacting email@example.com with the subject line “Data Request”