Clinical Consultations: An Expert Discussion on Immunoglobulin Therapy in CIDP - Optimizing Treatment to Improve Quality of Life
September 3, 2020
September 3, 2021
Scroll to the Bottom of this Information to Begin this Course
This activity is provided by Physicians’ Education Resource®, LLC.
This activity is supported by an educational grant from CSL Behring.
- Physicians — maximum of 1.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- Nurses — maximum of 1.50 Contact Hour
All other health care professionals completing this course will be issued a statement of participation.
This online educational activity is directed towards neuromuscular focused neurologists. Additional health care clinicians involved in the management of patients with CIDP will also be invited to participate.
This Clinical Consultations educational activity is a video-based program in which 2 experts talk about the diagnosis and treatment of chronic inflammatory demyelinating polyradiculoneuropathy (CIDP). Topics include the impact of CIDP on patient’s lives, available treatment options including immunoglobulins, and the treatment goals of therapy.
Upon completion of this activity, you should be better able to:
- Review the pathophysiology and symptomatology of CIDP and its variants
- Discuss management considerations for the use of IVIG and SCIG in practice
- Evaluate efficacy and safety data for immunoglobulins in the treatment of patients with CIDP
Chafic Karam, MD
Associate Professor of Neurology
Chief, Neuromuscular Division
Oregon Health & Science University
Tuan Vu, MD
Professor of Neurology
Director, Neuromuscular Division, EMG Laboratories, and ALS Clinic
Department of Neurology
University of South Florida
Physicians’ Education Resource®, LLC, is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Physicians’ Education Resource®, LLC, designates this enduring material for a maximum of 1.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Physicians’ Education Resource®, LLC, is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider #16669, for 1.50 Contact Hour.
Disclosures of Conflicts of Interest
Chafic Karam, MD
- Grant/Research Support: Sanofi Genzyme, Akcea Therapeutics Inc;
- Consultant: Acceleron Pharma Inc, Akeca Therapeutics Inc, Alexion Pharmaceuticals Inc, Alnylam Pharmaceuticals Inc, Argenx SE, Biogen Inc, CSL Behring, Cytokinetics Inc, Sanofi Genzyme
Tuan Vu, MD
- Grant/Research Support: CSL Behring, Biogen, Alexion Pharmaceuticals Inc, Argenyx SE, UCB/RA, MTPA;
- Consultant: Alexion Pharmaceuticals Inc, Argenx SE, UCB/RA;
- Speaker’s Bureau: Alexion Pharmaceuticals Inc, CSL Behring, Allergan
The staff of Physicians' Education Resource®, LLC (PER®) have no relevant financial relationships with commercial interests to disclose.
Instructions for Participation and Credit
- You will need to log in to participate in the activity.
- Each presentation may contain an interactive question(s). You may move forward through the presentation; however, you may not go back to change answers or review video files/content until you finish the presentation.
- At the end of the activity, “Educational Content/Videos” will be available for your reference.
- In order to receive a CME/CE Certificate, you must complete the activity.
- Complete the Posttest and the Evaluation, and then click on “Request for Credit.” You may immediately download a CME/CE Certificate upon completion of these steps.
Course Viewing Requirements
Internet Explorer 8.0+ for Windows 2003, Vista, XP, Windows 7, Windows 8.1 and above
Google Chrome 28.0+ for Windows, Mac OS, or Linux
Mozilla Firefox 23.0+ for Windows, Mac OS, or Linux
Safari 6.0+ for Mac OSX 10.7 and above
Supported Phones & Tablets:
Android 4.0.3 and above
iPhone/iPad with iOS 6.1 or above
Disclosure of Unlabeled Use
This CME activity may or may not discuss investigational, unapproved, or off-label use of drugs. Participants are advised to consult prescribing information for any products discussed. The information provided in this CME activity is for continuing medical education purposes only and is not meant to substitute for the independent clinical judgment of a physician relative to diagnostic or treatment options for a specific patient’s medical condition.
The opinions expressed in the content are solely those of the individual faculty members and do not reflect those of PER® or the company that provided commercial support.
Disclosure Policy and Resolution of Conflicts of Interest (COI)
As a sponsor accredited by the ACCME, it is the policy of PER® to ensure fair balance, independence, objectivity, and scientific rigor in all of its CME activities. In compliance with ACCME guidelines, PER® requires everyone who is in a position to control the content of a CME activity to disclose all relevant financial relationships with commercial interests. The ACCME defines “relevant financial relationships” as financial relationships in any amount occurring within the past 12 months that creates a COI.
Additionally, PER® is required by ACCME to resolve all COI. PER® has identified and resolved all COI prior to the start of this activity by using a multistep process.