Current and Emerging Treatment Options for Renal Cell Carcinoma
August 10, 2020
August 18, 2021
Scroll to the Bottom of this Information to Begin this Course
This activity is jointly provided by CancerNet, LLC and Amedco, LLC.
Acknowledgement of Financial Commercial Support
Supported by an independent educational grant from Exelixis
Acknowledgement of In-Kind Commercial Support
No in-kind commercial support was received for this educational activity.
- Physicians, Physician Assistants, Nurse Practitioners — maximum of 1.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- Nurses — 1.25 Nursing Contact Hours
All other health care professionals completing this course will be issued a statement of participation.
This activity is designed to meet the educational needs of urologists, medical oncologists, nephrologists, radiation oncologists, surgeons, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, nurses, and healthcare professionals involved in the treatment of renal cell carcinoma patients.
This activity will cover topics on the diagnosis, treatment, and management of patients with renal cell carcinoma.
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be better able to:
- Evaluate immunotherapy options with immune checkpoint inhibitors (ICI) and targeted therapy combinations for RCC
- Assess sequential treatment strategies and combination therapies for RCC with multitargeted kinase inhibitors
- Interpret the adverse events in patients treated with ICI and targeted therapy combinations in RCC
Toni Choueiri, MD
Jerome and Nancy Kohlberg Professor, Medicine, Harvard Medical School,
Director, Lank Center for Genitourinary Oncology, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute,
Eric Jonasch, MD
Department of Genitourinary Medical Oncology, Division of Cancer Medicine,
The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by Amedco LLC and CancerNet. Amedco LLC is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Credit Designation Statement – Amedco LLC designates this enduring activity for a maximum of 1.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ for physicians and 1.25 hours for nurses. Learners should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Disclosures of Conflicts of Interest
The following table of disclosure information is provided to learners and contains the relevant financial relationships that each individual in a position to control the content disclosed to Amedco. All of these relationships were treated as a conflict of interest and have been resolved (C7 SCS 6.1-¬‐6.2, 6.5). All individuals in a position to control the content of CE are listed below.
All individuals in a position to control the content of CE are listed on the website. If their name is not listed below, they disclosed that they had no financial relationships with a commercial interest.
Toni Choueiri, MD
- Consulting/advisory committee: AstraZeneca, BMS, Eisai, EMD Serono, Exelixis, GSK, Lilly, Merck, Novartis, Pfizer
- Research Funding: AstraZeneca, BMS, Eisai, EMD Serono, Exelixis, GSK, Lilly, Merck, Novartis, Pfizer
Erci Jonasch, MD
- Consulting/advisory committee: Eisai, Exelixis, Merck, Novartis, Pfizer
Planners and Managers Disclosures
The planners and managers reported the following financial relationships or relationships to products or devices they or their spouse/life partner have with commercial interests related to the content of this CME webcast:
- Kamatham A. Naidu, PhD (CancerNet, LLC), has no relevant financial relationships.
- Brian Waggoner (CancerNet, LLC) has no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
- Sheryl Morgan (Amedco) has no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
Instructions for Participation and Credit
There are no fees for participating and receiving CME/CE credit for this enduring activity. To receive CME/CE credit participants must:
- Read the CME/CE information and faculty disclosures.
- Participate in the online activity.
- Submit the evaluation form.
- Certificates will be emailed to participants
Course Viewing Requirements
Internet Explorer 8.0+ for Windows 2003, Vista, XP, Windows 7, Windows 8.1 and above
Google Chrome 28.0+ for Windows, Mac OS, or Linux
Mozilla Firefox 23.0+ for Windows, Mac OS, or Linux
Safari 6.0+ for Mac OSX 10.7 and above
Supported Phones & Tablets:
Android 4.0.3 and above
iPhone/iPad with iOS 6.1 or above
Disclosure of Unlabeled Use
Amedco and CancerNet require that faculty participating in any CME/CE activity disclose to the audience when discussing any unlabeled or investigational use of any commercial product or device not yet approved for use in the United States.
Amedco makes every effort to develop CME/CE activities that are scientifically based.
This activity is designed for educational purposes. Participants have a responsibility to utilize this information to enhance their professional development to improve patient outcomes. Conclusions drawn by the participants should be derived from careful consideration of all available scientific information. The participant should use his/her clinical judgment, knowledge, experience, and diagnostic decision-making before applying any information, whether provided here or by others, for any professional use.
For CME/CE questions, please contact: Amedco at: email@example.com
For questions regarding content, please contact: CancerNet at firstname.lastname@example.org