COVID-19: Keeping Up with a Moving Target
Weekly updates on COVID-19: https://covid19.dkbmed.com/
March 18, 2020
March 18, 2021
Scroll to the Bottom of this Information to Begin this Course
Provided by DKBmed, Postgraduate Institute for Medicine, ArcheMedX, FreeCME, and Institute for Johns Hopkins Nursing.
This activity is independently funded by DKBmed.
- Physicians — maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- Nurses — 1.0 Contact Hour
- AAPA — 1.0 AAPA Category 1 CME Credit
- Pharmacists — 1.0 ACPE Contact Hour
All other health care professionals completing this course will be issued a statement of participation.
This activity is intended for health care providers in the care of patients with COVID-19.
COVID-19 news is changing rapidly and we are all trying to stay on top of the latest medical information from trusted sources. Join Dr. Paul Auwaerter from Johns Hopkins School of Medicine and the former president of the Infectious Diseases Society of America for a free CME webinar covering what we know about the coronavirus outbreak.
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be better able to:
- Discuss symptoms and transmission of COVID-19
- Discuss risks, management, and precautions associated with COVID-19
- Describe natural history of COVID-19 illness
Paul Auwaerter, MD
Clinical Director, Division of Infectious Diseases
Sherrilyn and Ken Fisher Professor of Medicine
Fisher Center for Environmental Infectious Diseases
Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by the Postgraduate Institute for Medicine and DKBmed. Postgraduate Institute for Medicine is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
- The Postgraduate Institute for Medicine designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- Postgraduate Institute for Medicine has been authorized by the American Academy of PAs (AAPA) to award AAPA Category 1 CME credit for activities planned in accordance with AAPA CME Criteria. This activity is designated for 1.0 AAPA Category 1 CME credits. PAs should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation.
- Postgraduate Institute for Medicine designates this continuing education activity for 1.0 contact hour(s) (0.10 CEUs) of the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education. (Universal Activity Number - JA4008162-9999-20-2033-L01-P)
- The maximum number of hours awarded for this Continuing Nursing Education activity is 1.0 contact hours
Disclosures of Conflicts of Interest
The faculty reported the following financial relationships or relationships they or their spouse/life partner have with commercial interests related to the content of this continuing education activity:
Faculty / Presenter Reported Financial Relationship
Paul G. Auwaerter, MD, MBA, FIDSA
- Scientific Advisor: DiaSaorin, Shionogi Inc.
- Ownership Equity: JNP
Instructions for Participation and Credit
Request for Credit
If you wish to receive acknowledgment for completing this activity, please complete the evaluation on www.cmeuniversity.com. On the navigation menu, click on “Find Post-test/Evaluation by Course” and search by course ID 15283. Upon registering and completing the activity evaluation, your certificate will be made available immediately.
For Pharmacists: Please complete the evaluation on www.cmeuniversity.com. On the navigation menu, click on “Find Post-test/Evaluation by Course” and search by course ID 15283. Upon registering and completing the activity evaluation, your transcript information will be sent to the NABP CPE Monitor Service.
Pharmacists will need to provide their National Association of Boards of Pharmacy (NABP) e-Profile ID and date of birth (MMDD) to ensure the data is submitted to the ACPE and NABP properly. If you need to obtain your NABP e-Profile, please visit www.nabp.net.
Hardware and Software Requirements
This site is best viewed with an HTML5 compatible browser. You can visit the independent (3rd party) site www.whatismybrowser.com to determine if you have the latest version of your browser.
Certain educational activities may require additional software to view multimedia, presentation, or printable versions of their content. That software may be: Adobe Flash, Apple QuickTime, Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft PowerPoint, Windows Media Player, and Real Networks Real One Player.
Participants have an implied responsibility to use the newly acquired information to enhance patient outcomes and their own professional development. The information presented in this activity is not meant to serve as a guideline for patient management. Any procedures, medications, or other courses of diagnosis or treatment discussed or suggested in this activity should not be used by clinicians without evaluation of their patient's conditions and possible contraindications and/or dangers in use, review of any applicable manufacturer's product information, and comparison with recommendations of other authorities.