Spinal Muscular Atrophy: Best Practices in Diagnosis and Management
December 12, 2019
December 12, 2020
Scroll to the Bottom of this Information to Begin this Course
This activity is provided by the Albert Einstein College of Medicine and Montefiore Medical Center Center in Joint Providership with PlatformQ Health Education, LLC.
Supported by an educational grant from Biogen.
- Physicians — maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
All other health care professionals completing this course will be issued a statement of participation.
This activity is intended for pediatric neurologists, neurologists, pediatricians, primary care physicians, internal medicine physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, physical therapists, occupational therapists, and other health care professionals interested and/or involved with the management of patients with SMA.
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Summarize clinical practice/consensus guidelines for the comprehensive management of spinal muscular atrophy (SMA)
- Determine strategies to incorporate new disease-modifying therapies for SMA into daily clinical practice
Basil T. Darras, MD
Vanessa Battista, MS, RN, CPNP
Danyelle Sun, MSW
Physician Accreditation Statement
The activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of Albert Einstein College of Medicine and PlatformQ Health Education, LLC. Albert Einstein College of Medicine is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Physician Credit Designation
Albert Einstein College of Medicine designates this enduring material for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The American Academy of Nurse Practitioners (AANP) and American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) accept AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ from organizations accredited by the ACCME.
The "Conflict of Interest Disclosure Policy" of Albert Einstein College of Medicine requires that faculty participating in any CME activity and anyone in a position to influence content disclose to the audience any relationship(s) with a pharmaceutical or equipment company. Any presenter whose disclosed relationships prove to create a conflict of interest, with regard to their contribution to the activity, will not be permitted to present.
The Albert Einstein College of Medicine also requires that faculty participating in any CME activity and anyone in a position to influence content disclose to the audience when discussing any unlabeled or investigational use of any commercial product, or device, not yet approved for use in the United States.
Basil T. Darras, MD
- Consulting Fee: Biogen, Roche, Cytokinetics, Sarepta, Avexis
- Contracted Research: grants from, Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and Biogen during ENDEAR, CHERISH, CS2, CS12, CS11 studies, AveXis Biotechnology, Cytokinetics, Fibrogen, PTC Therapeutics, Roche, Santhera Therapeutics, Sarepta Therapeutics, and Summit Therapeutics; Dr. Darras reports no personal financial interests in these companies.
Vanessa Battista, MS, RN, CPNP
- Consulting Fee: AveXis Biotechnology Advisory Board
- Speakers Bureau: AveXis Biotechnology
Danyelle Sun, MSW
- Consulting Fee: Genentech
Rachael Brown, has nothing to disclose relevant to this activity.
Patrick Brown, has nothing to disclose relevant to this activity.
David M. Kaufman, MD, has nothing to disclose relevant to this activity.
PlatformQ Health Education, LLC
Anne Roc, Medical Director, has nothing to disclose relevant to this activity.
Elizabeth del Nido, Program Manager, has nothing to disclose relevant to this activity.
Method of Participation
There are no fees to participate in this activity. To receive credit, participants must (1) read the target audience, learning objectives, and disclosure statements, (2) complete the educational activity online, and (3) complete the posttest and activity evaluation. It is estimated that this module will take approximately 1 hour to complete. To receive AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ participants must receive a minimum score of 70% on the posttest.
Course Viewing Requirements
Internet Explorer 8.0+ for Windows 2003, Vista, XP, Windows 7, Windows 8.1 and above
Google Chrome 28.0+ for Windows, Mac OS, or Linux
Mozilla Firefox 23.0+ for Windows, Mac OS, or Linux
Safari 6.0+ for Mac OSX 10.7 and above
Supported Phones & Tablets:
Android 4.0.3 and above
iPhone/iPad with iOS 6.1 or above.
Disclaimer (if applicable)
The material is prepared based on a review of multiple sources of information but is not exhaustive of the subject matter. Therefore, health care professionals and other individuals should review and consider other publications and materials about the subject matter other than relying solely on the information contained in this material.
The information presented at this CME program represents the views and opinions of the individual presenters, and does not constitute the opinion or endorsement of, or promotion by Albert Einstein College of Medicine, NeuroSeriesLive, PlatformQ Health Education, LLC or the program grantor. Reasonable efforts have been made to present educational subject matter in a balanced, unbiased fashion and in compliance with regulatory requirements. Each participant must use his/her personal and professional judgment when considering further application of this information, particularly as it may relate to patient diagnostic or treatment decisions including, without limitation, FDA-approved uses and any off-label uses.
Please send all inquiries to: Montefiore Medical Center, CCPD, 3301 Bainbridge Avenue, Bronx, New York 10467, or via phone at (718) 920-6674, or via fax to (718) 798-2336, or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.For issues with your CME Certificate, please contact NeuroSeriesLive at 877-394-1306 or at Support@NeuroSeriesLive.com.
Information we collect is primarily used to communicate with program participants, award CME/CE credits, manage user accounts, recommend relevant programs and perform data analysis to inform educational outcomes.
In plain English, here is what we affirm:
- You can change your registration profile at any time from our “Profile” page
- To request any of these changes without logging in, please call us at 1 (877) 394-1306 or email us at support@PlatformQHealth.com
- You can end your association with PlatformQ Health at any time
- PlatformQ Health does not spam, nor we do we rent or sell our email list in whole or in part. Any program-related data sharing is for engagement verification and opt-in based further education
- EU citizens can request a complete record of their account and/or request to have their personal data expunged by contacting email@example.com with the subject line “Data Request”