A 3D Tour of Immuno-Oncology: Melanoma
September 16, 2019
September 16, 2020
Scroll to the Bottom of this Information to Begin this Course
Jointly provided by Med Learning Group and Ultimate Medical Academy/CCM.
Supported by an educational grant from Bristol-Myers Squibb.
- Physicians — maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- Nurses — 1.0 contact hour(s).
All other health care professionals completing this course will be issued a statement of participation.
This initiative is designed to meet the educational needs of oncologists, oncology pharmacists, oncology nurses and other healthcare professionals interested in the use of immunotherapy for the management of patients with cancer.
This case-based live activity will cover the diagnosis, treatment, and management of patients with cancer who are treated or eligible for treatment with immunotherapy.
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Assess the process by which tumor cells evade immune system detection and the mechanism of action of CTLA-4 and PD-1/PD-L1 inhibitors
- Analyze clinical data to identify candidates for immunotherapy based on tumor biomarkers and patient characteristics and develop/implement treatment plans that appropriately sequence and combine immunotherapies
- Examine clinical evidence supporting the use of CTLA-4 and PD-1/PD-L1 inhibitors in those three histologies and compare the efficacy of monotherapy versus combination therapy with checkpoint blockade and/or chemotherapy
- Identify immune-related adverse events (irAEs) associated with checkpoint inhibitors and discuss how to optimally manage them
Jeffery S. Weber, MD, PhD
Professor of Oncology
Department of Medicine
Perlmutter Cancer Center
NYU Langone Health
New York, NY
Physician Continuing Medical Education
Med Learning Group is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
This CME activity was planned and produced in accordance with the ACCME Essentials.
Med Learning Group designates this enduring activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Nursing Continuing Education
Purpose: This program would be beneficial for nurses involved in the care of pa¬tients with cancer who are treated or eligible for treatment with immunotherapy.
Ultimate Medical Academy/CCM is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
Awarded 1.0 contact hour(s) of continuing nursing education of RNs and APNs.
Disclosures of Conflicts of Interest
In accordance with the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) Standards for Commercial Support, educational programs sponsored by Med Learning Group must demonstrate balance, independence, objectivity, and scientific rigor. All faculty, authors, editors, staff, and planning committee members participating in a MLG-sponsored activity are required to disclose any relevant financial interest or other relationship with the manufacturer(s) of any commercial product(s) and/or provider(s) of commercial services that are discussed in an educational activity.
- Stock or Other Ownership: Altor BioScience, Celldex, Biond, CytomX Therapeutics, Protean Biodiagnostics
- Honoraria: Bristol-Myers Squibb, Merck, Genentech, AbbVie, AstraZeneca, Daiichi Sankyo, GlaxoSmithKline, Eisai, Altor BioScience, Amgen, Roche, Ichor Medical Systems, Celldex, CytomX Therapeutics, Nektar, Novartis, Array, WindMIL, Takeda, Sellas, Jounce, Moderna
- Consulting or Advisory Role: Celldex, Ichor Medical Systems, Pieris Pharmaceuticals, Altor BioScience, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Merck, Genentech, Roche, Amgen, AstraZeneca, GlaxoSmithKline, Daiichi Sankyo, AbbVie, Eisai, CytomX Therapeutics, Nektar, Novartis, Array, WindMIL, Takeda, Sellas, Jounce, Moderna
- Research Funding (to the Institution): Bristol-Myers Squibb, Merck, GlaxoSmithKline, Genentech, Astellas Pharma, Incyte, Roche, Novartis
- Travel, Accommodations, Expenses: Bristol-Myers Squibb, GlaxoSmithKline, Daiichi Sankyo, Roche, Celldex, Amgen, Merck, AstraZeneca, Genentech, Novartis, Incyte, WindMIL, Takeda
- Patent Holding: Biodesix and Moffitt
The independent reviewers, staff, planners and managers reported the following financial relationships or relationships to products or devices they or their spouse/life partner have with commercial interests:
CME Content Review
The content of this activity was independently peer reviewed.
The reviewer of this activity has nothing to disclose.
CNE Content Review
The content of this activity was peer reviewed by a nurse reviewer.
The reviewer of this activity has nothing to disclose.
Staff, Planners and Managers
Matthew Frese, General Manager of Med Learning Group has nothing to disclose.
Christina Gallo, SVP, Educational Development for Med Learning Group has nothing to disclose.
Lauren Welch, MA, VP, Outcomes and Accreditation for Med Learning Group has nothing to disclose.
Brianna Hanson, Outcomes Coordinator for Med Learning Group has nothing to disclose.
Nicole Longo, MD, Medical Director, Scientific and Medical Services for Med Learning Group has nothing to disclose.
Lisa Dorin, Senior Program Manager for Med Learning Group has nothing to disclose.
Disclosure of Unlabeled Use
Med Learning Group requires that faculty participating in any CME/CNE activity disclose to the audience when discussing any unlabeled or investigational use of any commercial product or device not yet approved for use in the United States.
During the course of this lecture, the faculty may mention the use of medications for both FDA-approved and non-approved indications.
Instructions for Participation and Credit
There are no fees for participating and receiving CME/CNE credit for this enduring activity. To receive CME/CNE credit participants must:
- Read the CME/CNE information and faculty disclosures.
- Participate in the enduring activity.
- 3Complete and submit the evaluation form to Med Learning Group.
You will receive your certificate for download immediately, you will also get an email reminder.
For CME questions, please contact: Med Learning Group at firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact this CME provider at Med Learning Group for privacy and confidentiality policy statement information at: http://www.medlearninggroup.com/privacy-policy/
Hardware and Software Requirements
This site is best viewed with an HTML5 compatible browser, this list includes the current versions of Microsoft Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, and Apple's Safari. You can visit the independent (3rd party) site www.whatismybrowser.com to determine if you have the latest version of your browser. Certain educational activities may require additional software to view multimedia, presentation, or printable versions of their content. That software may be: Adobe Flash, Apple Quicktime, Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Powerpoint, Windows Media Player, and Real Networks Real One Player. Where such software is required it will be indicated.
Med Learning Group makes every effort to develop CME activities that are scientifically based. This activity is designed for educational purposes. Participants have a responsibility to utilize this information to enhance their professional development in an effort to improve patient outcomes. Conclusions drawn by the participants should be derived from careful consideration of all available scientific information. The participant should use his/her clinical judgment, knowledge, experience, and diagnostic decision-making before applying any information, whether provided here or by others, for any professional use.
This educational activity provides training necessary for licensed attendees to maintain state licensing requirements. The tuition for this educational activity is subsidized in part by unrestricted educational grants, including for those attendees who have successfully completed the state licensing requirements for their respective fields. This subsidy is reflected in the registration fees for this activity.
Content - Copyright © 2019 Med Learning Group. All rights reserved. These materials may be used for personal use only. Any rebroadcast, distribution, or reuse of this presentation or any part of it in any form for other than personal use without the express written permission of Med Learning Group is prohibited.