Bleeding Risk Assessment and Management in Patients Receiving Anticoagulation
December 18, 2018
June 18, 2019
Scroll to the Bottom of this Information to Begin this Course
This activity is jointly provided by theAlbert Einstein College of Medicine and Montefiore Medical Center in Joint Providership with PlatformQ Health Education, LLC.
Supported by an independent educational grant from Portola Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Physicians — maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
All other health care professionals completing this course will be issued a statement of participation.
This activity is intended for US‐based hospitalists (including those in emergency medicine, intensive care, and surgery), internal medicine and primary care providers, cardiologists, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, nurses, pharmacists, and other health care providers who care for patients at risk of thromboembolic events.
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Stratify risk for major bleeding in patients requiring anticoagulation
- Summarize clinical efficacy and safety data of current and emerging reversal agents for NOAC‐associated bleeds
- Apply clinical standard of care in the management of bleeding from access to selective anticoagulation reversal agents to effective overall supportive bleeding management strategies
- Employ best practices for anticoagulation therapy reintroduction
Christian T. Ruff, MD, MPH
Director of General Cardiology
Brigham and Women’s Hospital
Assistant Professor of Medicine
Harvard Medical School
TIMI Study group
Elaine Hylek, MD, MPH
Professor of Medicine
Boston University School of Medicine
Physician Accreditation Statement
The activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of Albert Einstein College of Medicine and PlatformQ Health Education, LLC. Albert Einstein College of Medicine is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Physician Credit Designation
Live Internet Activity
Albert Einstein College of Medicine designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Albert Einstein College of Medicine designates this enduring material for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Disclosures of Conflicts of Interest
Christian T. Ruff, MD, MPH
- Consulting Fee: Bayer, Bristol Myers Squibb, Boehringer Ingelheim, Daiichi Sankyo, Janssen, MedImmune, Pfizer, Portola
- Contracted Research: Boehringer Ingelheim, Daiichi Sankyo, MedImmune
Elaine Hylek, MD, MPH
- Consulting Fee: Boehringer Ingelheim, Bristol Myers Squibb/Pfizer, Janssen, Medtronic Portola
- Scientific Symposia Lecture: Boehringer Ingelheim, Bristol Myers Squibb/Pfizer
- Henny Billett, MD: Consulting Fees: Kedrion, BPL Advisory, Bayer
Contracted Research: Janssen
- Victor B. Hatcher, PhD: No disclosures to report relevant to this activity
Einstein-Montefiore Center for Continuing Medical Education
The Center for Continuing Medical Education (CCME) staff at Albert Einstein College of Medicine has no disclosures to report relevant to this activity.
PlatformQ Health Education, LLC
Hamsa Jaganathan, Medical Director has nothing to disclose relevant to this activity.
Alissa Yost, Senior Program Manager has nothing to disclose relevant to this activity.
Method of Participation
There are no fees to participate in this activity. To receive credit, participants must (1) read the target audience, learning objectives, and disclosure statements, (2) complete the educational activity online, and (3) complete the posttest and activity evaluation. It is estimated that this module will take approximately 1 hour to complete. To receive AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™, participants must receive a minimum score of 70% on the posttest.
Course Viewing Requirements
Internet Explorer 8.0+ for Windows 2003, Vista, XP, Windows 7, Windows 8.1 and above
Google Chrome 28.0+ for Windows, Mac OS, or Linux
Mozilla Firefox 23.0+ for Windows, Mac OS, or Linux
Safari 6.0+ for Mac OSX 10.7 and above
Supported Phones & Tablets:
Android 4.0.3 and above
iPhone/iPad with iOS 6.1 or above.
The material is prepared based on a review of multiple sources of information but is not exhaustive of the subject matter. Therefore, health care professionals and other individuals should review and consider other publications and materials about the subject matter other than relying solely on the information contained in this material.
The information presented at this CME program represents the views and opinions of the individual presenters, and does not constitute the opinion or endorsement of, or promotion by Albert Einstein College of Medicine, CardioCareLive, PlatformQ Health Education, LLC or the program grantor. Reasonable efforts have been made to present educational subject matter in a balanced, unbiased fashion and in compliance with regulatory requirements. Each participant must use his/her personal and professional judgment when considering further application of this information, particularly as it may relate to patient diagnostic or treatment decisions including, without limitation, FDA-approved uses and any off-label uses.
For any technical issues or issues with your CME Certificate, please contact CardioCareLive at 877-394-1306 or at Support@CardioCareLive.com
Accredited Provider: Montefiore Medical Center, CCME, 3301 Bainbridge Avenue, Bronx, New York 10467, or via phone at (718) 920-6674, or via fax to (718) 798-2336, or via email to email@example.com
Information we collect is primarily used to communicate with program participants, award CME/CE credits, manage user accounts, recommend relevant programs and perform data analysis to inform educational outcomes.
In plain English, here is what we affirm:
- You can change your registration profile at any time from our “Profile” page
- To request any of these changes without logging in, please call us at 1 (877) 394-1306 or email us at support@PlatformQHealth.com
- You can end your association with PlatformQ Health at any time
- PlatformQ Health does not spam, nor we do we rent or sell our email list in whole or in part. Any program-related data sharing is for engagement verification and opt-in based further education
- EU citizens can request a complete record of their account and/or request to have their personal data expunged by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Data Request”