Psoriasis Posters and Abstracts from San Diego
May 11, 2018
May 10, 2019
Scroll to the Bottom of this Information to Begin this Course
This activity is jointly provided by Annenberg Center for Health Sciences.
Supported by an educational grant from Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation, Celgene, and Ortho Dermatologics, a division of Valeant Pharmaceuticals North America LLC.
- Physicians — maximum of 2.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
All other healthcare professionals completing this course will be issued a statement of participation.
This activity was developed for dermatologists and other health care professionals who have an interest in moderate-to-severe psoriasis.
Steven R. Feldman, MD, PhD, and Alan Menter, MD, as well as principal investigators, describe and provide their perspectives on key posters presented at the American Academy of Dermatology annual meeting on the management of patients with moderate-to-severe psoriasis.
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Summarize the latest research developments in the treatment of psoriasis
- Incorporate evidence-based research into clinical practice
Steven R. Feldman, MD, PhD
Professor of Dermatology
Pathology and Public Health Sciences
Director, Psoriasis Treatment Center
Wake Forest University School of Medicine
Winston-Salem, North Carolina
Alan Menter, MD
Chair, Division of Dermatology
Baylor University Medical Center
Clinical Professor of Dermatology
University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center
Physician Accreditation Statement
The Annenberg Center for Health Sciences at Eisenhower is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Physician Credit Designation
The Annenberg Center for Health Sciences at Eisenhower designates this enduring material for a maximum of 2.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Disclosures of Conflicts of Interest
Steven R. Feldman, MD, PhD
- Research Support: AbbVie, Celgene, Janssen, Lilly, Novartis, Ortho Dermatology
- Consultant: AbbVie, Celgene, Janssen, Lilly, Novartis, Ortho Dermatology
- Speakers Bureau: AbbVie, Celgene, Janssen, Lilly, Novartis, Ortho Dermatology
Alan Menter, MD
- Research Support: AbbVie, Allergan, Amgen, Anacor, Boehringer Ingelheim, Celgene, Dermira, Eli Lilly, Galderma, Janssen, Leo Pharma, Merck, Neothetics, Novartis, Pfizer, Regeneron, Symbio/Maruho, Xenoport
- Consultant: AbbVie, Allergan, Amgen, Eli Lilly, Galderma, Janssen, Leo Pharma, Novartis, Pfizer, Vitae, Xenoport
- Speakers Bureau: AbbVie, Amgen, Janssen, Leo Pharma
- Advisory Board: AbbVie, Allergan, Amgen, Boehringer Ingelheim, Eli Lilly, Janssen
- Investigator: AbbVie, Allergan, Amgen, Anacor, Boehringer Ingelheim, Celgene, Dermira, Eli Lilly, Janssen, Leo Pharma, Merck, Neothetics, Novartis, Pfizer, Regeneron, Symbio/Maruho, Xenoporte
Additional content planners
The following have no significant relationship to disclose:
- Gregory Scott, PharmD, RPh (medical writer)
- Coy Flowers, MD (peer reviewer)
Annenberg Center for Health Sciences
- Charles Willis, Director of Continuing Education, consults for Pfizer, Inc; all other staff at the Annenberg
- Center for Health Sciences at Eisenhower have no relevant commercial relationships to disclose.
Method of Participation
This activity is an online enduring material. Successful completion is achieved by reading and/or viewing the material, reflecting on its implications in your practice, and completing the assessment component.
COURSE VIEWING REQUIREMENTS
This site is best viewed with an HTML5 compatible browser. You can visit the independent (3rd party) site www.whatismybrowser.com to determine if you have the latest version of your browser.
Certain educational activities may require additional software to view multimedia, presentation, or printable versions of their content. That software may be: Adobe Flash, Apple QuickTime, Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft PowerPoint, Windows Media Player, and Real Networks Real One Player.
Disclosure of Unlabeled Use
The faculty for this activity have disclosed that there will be no discussion about the use of products for non-FDA approved applications.
The ideas and opinions presented in this educational activity are those of the faculty and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Annenberg Center and/or its agents. As in all educational activities, we encourage practitioners to use their own judgment in treating and addressing the needs of each individual patient, taking into account that patient’s unique clinical situation. The Annenberg Center disclaims all liability and cannot be held responsible for any problems that may arise from participating in this activity or following treatment recommendations presented.